Osander ApS is recruiting on behalf of Ferrosan Medical Devices A/S
Would you like to join an ambitious and successful medical device company on an exciting growth and transformation journey?
Ferrosan Medical Devices (FeMD) is a medium-sized leading developer and manufacturer of bioabsorbable hemostatic products used to stop bleeding during surgery, as well as miniature electromechanical devices used in breast biopsy. The hemostatic products are distributed world-wide through a partnership with Ethicon (a Johnson &Johnson company), one of the world’s leaders in the market for equipment for human surgery. Every three seconds a product from FeMD is used.
FeMD have a mission to provide innovative, effective and safe devices that enable surgeons, nurses and clinicians to perform surgical procedures as seamlessly as possible without complications. Making seconds count in surgical care.
As the new CEO Assistant & Project Coordinator you will become part of a carefully selected team. This uniquely tailored role encompasses not just the traditional responsibilities and trusted duties associated with a corporate CEO Assistant but also allows you to contribute actively to the overall development and growth of FeMD.
The position could be a game-changing opportunity for you, especially if you already have 3-5 years of experience as a C-level personal assistant and if you:
- Are energised by delivering value-adding analytical, administrative, and proactive support to an inspiring executive in a fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment
- Would like to add lots of projects and communication activities to your area of responsibility.
The role can be summarised as a hybrid personal assistant position, as you will be undertaking most of the typical tasks and responsibilities that one would expect in a corporate PA position as your primary area of responsibility. In addition, you will be challenged to apply your skills to contribute directly to FeMD’s growth and development by handling various projects within HR and Communication.
The right mindset, agility and values are more important than a long and seasoned background as a PA, but we expect you to be a quick and determined learner.
To be successful in this role and fit the FeMD professional values and principles, we hope that:
- You have great proactive “client hands”, are a natural and passionate communicator, thrive when interacting with others, and have flair and understanding for servicing a busy and entrepreneurial executive.
- You have an ever-positive and optimistic mindset, super-strong energy and can-do attitude (no job too big or too small), and tons of enthusiasm, always seeing solutions, never seeing barriers.
- You are analytical, self-motivated and self-driven and can work independently and in close collaboration with others on project, either as a lead or participant.
- You have solid personal and professional values, with high personal integrity and standards.
- You have excellent communication skills. Ideally, your English written and verbal skills are outstanding, i.e., ideally at or near native-level.
- You have the aptitude and passion for completing operational and administrative tasks to the highest possible standards whilst applying emotional intelligence.
- You have an adequate level of business awareness and understanding and a strong passion and ability to improve your business acumen further.
- You are diligent and detail-oriented, have a natural and keen eye for detail, and pride yourself on delivering work right the first time.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Work closely in a trio with the CEO and the Executive Assistant. Manage administration and operations for the CEO, i.e., providing holistic and integrated day-to-day support. Proactively solve problems, handling the non-essential tasks and distractions that may keep the CEO from focusing on the highest priorities.
- Handle the CEO’s calendar of appointments. Proactively review and prepare short-term and long-term. Ensure that the CEO is well equipped with all materials, pre-read and information timely ahead of meetings. And analytically and proactively manage time and handle changes.
- Prepare management team meetings. Own, organise, consolidate input, build agenda, prepare content, and participate. Proactively maintain an overview of agenda items, projects and deadlines and the annual cycle. Distribute material, and review action logs to identify follow-up activities and deadlines.
- Plan and coordinate executive leadership workshops and seminars plus broad employee culture events such as Summer and Christmas parties, enhancing employee engagement.
- Drive projects within HR, support and lift internal communication such as quarterly meetings, newsletter and digital channels, and integrating initiatives between FeMD in Denmark and FeMD in Poland.
- If you have strong communication skills, you might take part in driving and communicating FeMD’s ESG initiatives.
- Prepare and ensure quality assurance of high-value written material, presentations in PowerPoint, and general communication updates on the company website.
- Plan and manage board, director, committee, and shareholder meetings. Work with colleagues to develop and distribute meeting agendas and supplemental materials and arrange all logistical details, such as scheduling, invitations, locations, lodgings, speakers, food, and travel.
- Support the CEO on external board commitments. Coordinate meetings and assemble all relevant materials for preparation.
- Help build a positive company culture throughout the organisation in a way that is engaging, sustainable, and meaningful. For example, initiate and execute internal communications opportunities in various formats, e.g., celebrating business milestones and employee performance recognition.
- Contribute to team spirit. Be that special “cultural and social glue” and the initiator that helps hold a management team together. Support and assist the management team related to their team activities (not acting as Personal Assistant).
- Plan and implement business rhythm activities, including the annual wheel activities. Help build and manage internal procedures using corporate internal systems and tools, creating administrative stability.
- Proactively help manage the CEO’s internal and external relationships. For example, note and set reminders for key stakeholders’ anniversaries, birthdays, and important life milestones. Create and maintain a VIP list of people and remind the CEO when to reach out, call, email or send a thank you note.
- Handle ad hoc administration, including completing the CEO expense reports.
- Maintain and protect business-critical confidential information.
Mindset & Competencies
- You make sure to know the CEO’s objectives, goals, deadlines, and deliverables daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly. Then, you proactively follow through behind the scenes in furtherance of these.
- You can grasp the big picture yet track operational detail and overview. You learn this from always proactively communicating and asking questions to resolve open issues. You fill the gaps, and you can quickly re-prioritise tasks when needed.
- You act with an execution-oriented can-do attitude and as an informed representative for the CEO. You reflect values, culture, and brand – at all levels, internally and externally. You make a strong positive impression on key contacts.
- You have strong interpersonal and collaboration skills. In addition, you are assertive and, at the same time, a diplomatic and calm character, and you possess good judgment with a high level of integrity and professionalism.
- You are organised and excellent at time and project management, with clear systems and composure to deal with multiple tasks. You are open and committed to improving the status quo and have a natural built-in principle of continuous improvement.
- You have a sense of urgency, attention to detail, and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- You are a positive team player, flexible, resourceful, and efficient, with a high level of integrity. You proactively seek opportunities to help others and are committed to making your colleagues successful – you build strong networks in the organisation.
- You possess intelligent and intellectual curiosity in learning about the industry, the business, and characteristics/needs.
- Proven 3+years of experience as a personal/executive assistant supporting executive-level individuals in large multinational organisations.
- Ideally, experience from a listed company or a company with high compliance standards.
- Stellar references, strong presence and a confident and accommodating personality.
- As a minimum, a bachelor’s degree.
- Fluency in Danish and English, verbally and written. Excellent writing, editing, grammatical, organisational, and research skills.
- IT savvy and highly proficient in applying new IT tools in daily tasks and operations.
Questions about this role
Please contact Frederikke Høg in regards to questions about this role – firstname.lastname@example.org